Telematics Update has announced a two-day automotive, telematics, and software forum focused on content and applications for the rapidly emerging connected vehicle market. “Content & Apps for Automotive USA” will take place in San Diego on Nov. 30 and Dec. 1, 2010, and is expected to be attended by application and product designers, senior-level executives from leading OEMs, and major technology providers.
The event will include presentations by over 30 industry experts in 16 sessions, plus an expo featuring technology and demonstrations. It’s “designed to be distinct from other global meeting places serving key players in the fast evolving connected car community, and will focus exclusively on how your business can devise suitable tech strategies and business models to take in-vehicle content and apps mass-market,” say the event’s organizers.
Topics to be covered at the conference will include…
- Harnessing the disruption of advanced market offerings, including Apple’s iPhone and iPad, and those from HTC and others
- Leveraging HTML5, MeeGo, Qt, and Android software platforms to offer enhanced solutions including gaming, internet radio, social networking, and LBS (location-based services) apps
- Strategies for developing and delivering cloud, car, and pocket apps in conjunction with a range of hybrid connected telematics
- Achieving synergy between the mobile handsets and automotive requirements
- Monetizing driver, rear seat, and commercial services
- Considerations of how stakeholders will vie for branding, control, client base, and profit relative to mobile content and applications in the automotive environment
The event’s featured keynote, “hot topic,” panel discussion, and working group sessions include:
- In-Vehicle Content & Services: Market Opportunities and Monetization Issues
- Content & Apps for Automotive: Exploring the Bigger Picture
- Battle Royale: Which Application Environment will Win the Connected Car?
- Remote Displays Open Doors to the Connected Car
- Position your Business to Win Loyalty from the Millennial Consumer
- Capitalize on Best Methods & Options for Connected Telematics
- Winning Techniques to Enable the Car as a Mobile Platform
- Achieve Synergy between the Handset and Automotive to Realize Ecosystem Growth
- Envision and Analyze how Automotive Apps Stores will Operate
- Application Development Invites Stakeholders to Talk Business
- Content Providers to Equip the Vehicle as a First Class Citizen of the Internet
- Personalized In-Car Service Environments will take OEM Differentiation beyond the Point of Sale
Incidentally, the Content & Apps for Automotive USA conference is co-located with a sister event, “Plug-in Electric Infrastructure USA 2010.”